To all AYHA members,
It is time to play hockey! The AYHA board and representatives of HGM Ice have been in close discussions over the last several weeks to identify a collaborative path forward with our kids continuing to skate at the Mullett Ice Center. Through these efforts, we have struck what we consider a favorable agreement for everyone involved, primarily our skaters and their families. Here are a few of the noteworthy details:
- HGM Ice has agreed to rent ice to AYHA for 2021-22 season; the agreement will extend to 3 years after season, subject to the implementation of revised AYHA by-laws agreed upon by the AYHA board and HGM Ice representatives. These modifications will be focused on improving the association's ability to attract and recruit new families and continue the mission of providing the best possible hockey experience for all of our members over the long term.
- The AYHA board will remain intact with 9 voting members, with the addition of 2 non-voting members appointed by HGM Ice.
- An appointed AYHA board member will sit on the board of HGM Ice as a non-voting board member.
- A coach’s committee, consisting of an AYHA board member, the Ace Coordinator and a representative from the coaching staff of the Arrowhead High School hockey team, will be formed to help provide continuity from youth hockey to high school hockey.
- HGM Ice, Don Mullett or a related party will provide funding support for certain third party head coach and family assistance initiatives.
The AYHA board is unanimous in its support with this plan to move forward and HGM Ice is equally aligned. Importantly, AYHA membership will continue to be fully represented by board members elected by membership while strengthening communication and collaboration with HGM Ice, in the interest of working closely to help ensure long-term viability of the facility and success of the association.
The AYHA board has already begun efforts to schedule ice time for practices and will be in touch as soon as possible with more details around our plans to move forward with our season and longer-term plans for the association. We will follow up with additional communications to provide further details in the coming days.
Thank you for your support of the Arrowhead Youth Hockey Association. We look forward to seeing you at the rink.
AYHA Board President